Topic: Confused for Next chapter

I am stuck on what I should write for my next chapter. My book is http://wuriya.com/543418-one-lonely-world-prolog If you could read it first then give me some ideas I would be very grateful

2 (edited by Rožman 2018-12-29 21:32:36)

Re: Confused for Next chapter

wuraolabanire wrote:

I am stuck on what I should write for my next chapter. My book is http://wuriya.com/543418-one-lonely-world-prolog If you could read it first then give me some ideas I would be very grateful

well, you could tell more about the girl and that clan in the story
also, if she has a friend or a family member, you could introduce them in a story or if there are beasts in those woods, she could run on some of them

Thank you soo much

Do you have any idea of where your story is going? Even if it's just an end goal, a point you'd like to make or something you'd like your character to achieve - your next chapter should be taking steps in that direction.

Even if you introduce friends or family - or beasts in the woods - how does that help further your plot?

I tried writing basically whatever I thought of at first, but my writing vastly improved once I figured out my plot, set down a list of events my characters needed to work through, and started crafting every chapter with those in mind. Even if it's a dialogue heavy, socializing chapter with new members of the MC's family being introduced, I still use it practically to show the relationships between the characters. It's important later.

I don't recommend writing scenes based on the opinions of people online who have no idea what's in store for your main character. Everything should serve a purpose... or else you'll wind up like me, with 130K words already written and a super important, dramatic plot point that still hasn't been introduced... I am going to have to cut SO much...

Thank you I've got my ending in mind and I released my third chapter. Im developing it so thank you so much for giving me advice.